This notice details how your medical information may be used and disclosed and how you can access this information.
Please review it carefully as assurance for your safety and security as well as for our accountability and transparency.
In compliance with the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 or HIPAA, CLRX Pharmacy – Orange maintains and ensures the protection and privacy of our clients/customers Protected Health Information (PHI) in all transactions. CLRX Pharmacy – Orange created this Notice of Privacy Practices to inform every client about their right related to the privacy of their PHI.
Your PHI is information about you or that could be used to identify you as it relates to your past and present physical and mental health care services. CLRX Pharmacy – Orange will abide by the terms presented within this notice. For any uses or disclosures that are not listed below, we will first secure your written authorization, which you have full rights to revoke at any time.
CLRX Pharmacy – Orange reserves the right to change the pharmacy’s privacy practices and this notice. We will post any revisions to the notice in the pharmacy and provide you with a copy of the revised notice.
We will use and disclose your PHI for treatment, payment, and health care operations. We may also use your PHI for other purposes that are permitted and/or required by law and pursuant to your written authorization. The following lists examples of how we may use and/or disclose your PHI. Any other uses not described in this Notice will only be made with your explicit written authorization, which you may revoke at any time by providing us with written notice of your revocation.
How the pharmacy may use and disclose your Protected Health Information (PHI)
The following is an accounting of the ways that our pharmacy is permitted, by law, to use and disclose your PHI:
- For Treatment: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange will use your PHI to fill your prescription and coordinate or manage your health care. You will receive an individual notice and have the opportunity to opt-out of any subsidized treatment communications.
- For Payment: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange will disclose your PHI to obtain payment or reimbursements from your health care insurance providers. We may also need to disclose your PHI to receive prior approval from your health plan or to determine if your health plan will cover a certain prescription or service.
- For Health Care Operations: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange will use your PHI to conduct quality assessments and improvement, internal compliance audits, and evaluate our workforce’s performance. Additionally, CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use your PHI for our business management and general administrative activities.
- For Prescription Refill Reminders, Treatment Alternatives, or Health-Related Benefits: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may disclose your PHI for prescription refills reminders and inform you of treatment options/alternatives and other health-related services/benefits that may interest you. Additionally, unless you object, we may disclose your PHI to your family members, relatives, close friends, and/or any other persons identified by you as being involved in the treatment or payment for your medical care. If you are not present to agree or object to our disclosure of your PHI, we may exercise our professional judgment to determine whether the disclosure is in your best interest. If we decide to disclose your PHI, we will only disclose the PHI relevant to your treatment or payment.
The following details are additional ways in which CLRX Pharmacy – Orange is permitted or required to use or disclose your PHI WITHOUT your written authorization:
- As required by law: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange is required to use and disclose PHI about you as required and as limited by law.
- For public health activities: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use or disclose your PHI to a public health authority authorized by law to collect for the purpose of preventing and controlling disease, injury, or disability.
- About victims of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence: We may use or disclose your PHI to government authorities if it is reasonably believed you are a victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- For health oversight activities: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use or disclose your PHI to a health oversight agency for oversight activities it conducts as authorized by law.
- For judicial and administrative proceedings: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may disclose your PHI in the course of any judicial or administrative proceedings so long as proper documentation is presented to the pharmacy.
- For law enforcement purposes: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may disclose your PHI to law enforcement officials for authorized purposes.
- About the deceased: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may disclose PHI about a deceased person or before and in reasonable anticipation of an individual’s death to coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors.
- For cadaveric organ, eye, or tissue donation purposes: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use and disclose PHI for the purpose of procurement, banking, or transplantation of cadaveric organs, eyes, or tissues for donation.
- For research purposes: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use and disclose your PHI for research purposes, but only with a valid authorization waiver approved by an institutional review board or a privacy board. Otherwise, we will request a signed authorization by the individual for all other research purposes.
- To avert serious threats to health or safety: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use or disclose PHI about you if it is believed in good faith, and is consistent with any applicable law and standards of ethical conduct, to avert serious health or safety threats.
- For specialized government functions: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may use or disclose your PHI for specialized government functions, including military and veteran’s activities, national security and intelligence, protective services, department of state functions, and correctional institutions and law enforcement custodial situations.
- For workers’ compensation: CLRX Pharmacy – Orange may disclose your PHI as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with workers’ compensation laws.
You can find more guidance regarding the HIPAA Privacy Rule here, and you can find a model Notices of Privacy Practices here.